DID YOU KNOW …………………………..!!!!
PEST MANAGEMENT FACTS
DID YOU KNOW ………………………!!!
- That most pesticides are harmless to domestic pets, birds, etc, when correctly applied.
- Pesticides that can harm should be in tamper proof “bait” boxes. These pesticides are mainly used in the elimination and control of rodents and cockroaches.
- Pest Control Technicians are registered with the Department of Agriculture
- Commercial pesticides must be applied by a registered technician.
- Certain commercial pesticides have no “secondary” effect. If for example an owl or a dog picks up a dead rat, it will not be affected by the original toxin.
- The reason that rats gnaw permanently is that their teeth never stop growing.
- Rats and mice are “nocturnal”, i.e. more active at night.
- A rat can have five to six litters a year.
- A Norway rat can weigh up to half a kilogram.
- Rats are “neophobic”, i.e. scared of new things.
- Rats are good swimmers.
- Rats and mice do not generally die at the source of toxin, but in their own “nest”.
- Rats and mice breed within a six week cycle.
- Cockroaches will chew of their own leg to survive.
- Cockroaches are cannibals, in that they will eat each other to survive.
- One cockroach can start a breeding cycle of up to 1200 cockroaches per year.
- Cockroaches have a home known as a harbourage.
- Cockroaches eat all food types.
- Cockroaches need heat, water and a food source.
- The use of domestic type sprays can cause a cockroach to drop it’s egg casing, thereby starting another “harborage”
- Cockroaches are carriers of salmonella, typhoid, T.B. and polio.
- Cockroaches survived the atom bomb.
- Main cockroach species are the German, American, Oriental and Brown banded cockroach.
- A fly carries up to 1.25 million bacteria on it’s body.
- When a fly lands on food, it vomits before eating.
- A fly will travel up to 20km from the place that it hatches.
- A fly can lay up to 21 batches of eggs, with over 100 eggs in each batch.
- A fly can see in every direction at the same time.
- While certain birds are regarded as a pest, most laws prohibit elimination or control through poisons or pesticides.
- Bird control can be done in various ways without harming
- Pigeons cause up to R15,000,000 losses per year for the grain industry.
- Stored products such as maize, rice, etc, can be treated (gassed) for stored product pests, without affecting the stored foodstuffs for human consumption.
FLY CONTROL – INSECT LIGHT TRAP FACTS
DID YOU KNOW………………………..!!!!!
- Insect light traps are available in commercial and industrial sizes, in various shapes, dependant on the installation need.
- Insect light traps can be suspended or wall mounted.
- HACCP friendly Insect Light Traps have ‘sleeved’ light tubes in order to contain the glass if broken.
- Most Insect light Traps have a “pheromone enhanced” glue board, to attract the flies.
- The catch area of an Insect Light Trap varies by size from approximately 60 square meters to 180 square meters.
- Insect light traps should be sited at 90 degrees to the natural light source, e.g., the largest window.
- Insect light traps should be sited between potential entry points and production areas.
- Insect light traps must not be sited directly above a food or other sensitive production areas.
- Insect light traps must be sited a maximum of 3m high, in a way that the ultra violet light is visible to the insects, as well as away from a fan or air conditioner, as this might prevent the insect from reaching the unit.
ANTI MICROBIAL FOGGING FACTS
DID YOU KNOW ………………………!!!
- Anti Microbial Fogging is an “advanced disinfecting solution” using a high level, non-toxic, organic formulation that disinfects, sanitizes and deodorizes a variety of different surfaces in one easy process.
- Anti Microbial fogging is applied using an electrical or petrol driven spray or mist “fogger” which produces an “aerosol” effect. The fogger is able to “generate mist” up to a distance of 20 meters.
- The application result of anti microbial fogging is harmless to humans and animals. Plants, food etc need not be removed while fogging. The “fog” is produced from organic substances used in products such as eye drops and face creams and is non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-staining.
- The environmentally friendly “fog” ensures a 99% kill of microbial contaminations, including bacterial infections, viruses, fungi, algae, spores and dust mites and has a lasting “residual” killing effect.
- When anti microbial fogging is used in a frequency applicable to a particular industry or market segment, before and after swab testing has proved that anti microbial fogging lowers bacterial counts as well as increasing attendance rates in all environments due to lower illness ratios.
- Downtime after anti microbial fogging is minimal and re-occupation of any premises is 60 minutes after application.
- Anti microbial fogging adds tremendous hygiene value when used in conjunction with pest control or deep clean services.
- Anti microbial fogging is used to eliminate smoke odors after fires or just in high traffic smoking areas.
- Anti microbial fogging can be used in areas such as nurseries, pre-schools, hospitals, food and beverage manufacture, horse and animal care environments and the hospitality industry.
[testimonials style=”grid” cat=”clients-feedback” gridcolumns=”2columns” limit=”4″]
[demo_space height=”60px 0″]